python gui

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Dec 14 22:35:41 EST 2004

Jeff Shannon wrote:
> zhao wrote:
>> python 2.4 is released, but the gui package wxpython now is only for
>> 2.3, how long can it can released for 2.4?
>
> This has been asked numerous times on the wxPython list in recent
> weeks.  :)  Robin Dunn is reportedly working now on updating his build
> environment and scripts to use VS.NET, and hopes to have wxPython built
> for 2.4 Real Soon Now(tm).

Thankfully (specifically, thanks to Robin!), Real Soon Now in the
Python world actually means real *and* soon *and* now, as witness
this message from the wxpython-users list:

'''
I've just uploaded 2.5.3.1 binaries for MSW to SourceForge.
--
Robin Dunn
'''

Cheers!  And kudos to Robin for his ongoing excellent support.