Python 2.4 and Tkinter

Jeffrey Barish jeffbarish at starband.net
Wed Dec 1 17:19:51 EST 2004

Since upgrading to python 2.4 yesterday, I am no longer able to use
Tkinter.  From http://www.python.org/moin/TkInter I learned that I need
to edit Modules/Setup to include Tkinter during the make.  However, it
isn't clear to me what modifications to make.  I am supposed to specify
directories in which needed files can be found.  I found the Tcl/Tk
libraries in /usr/local/lib/python2.4/lib-tk, but I can't find the
Tcl/Tk headers.  The default value for the headers (/usr/local/include)
doesn't work.  I searched my system for tcl.h but couldn't find it.
Does anyone know how to make Tkinter work under Python 2.4?

I also don't understand why I have to go to all this trouble.  Tkinter
is supposed to be included with Python, so shouldn't it be available
without any special effort?
--
Jeffrey Barish