Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Dec 28 20:06:57 EST 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 5:52 PM, JanC wrote:

> But even then, if DaBo ever becomes as easy to use as Delphi/VB for
> this
> type of applications, while remaining cross-platform, that might easily
> double the number of Python developers.  ;-)

	Well, there are at least a half-million Visual FoxPro developers who
have been hung out to dry by Microsoft, most of whom would love to
leave the land of proprietary closed solutions for a bit of fresh air.
That's where Paul and I came from, and that was our initial motivation
for deciding to develop Dabo - there wasn't a Python tool out there
that could even begin to approach what we were used to with VFP. If we
could get Dabo to the point where someone familiar with VFP or even VB
could become productive in a short time, well, I'm certain that there
will be lots of new blood in these parts. Our work is being followed
very closely by those communities.

      ___/
     /
    __/