what would you like to see in a 2nd edition Nutshell?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Dec 29 07:05:18 EST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:35:18 +0100, rumours say that aleaxit at yahoo.com
(Alex Martelli) might have written:

[snip: things to cover in a tentative 2nd edition of the nutshell]

>and new capabilities of existing modules, such as thread-local
>storage.

...which I most surely missed learning about it.  Sometimes it's hard
following all the changes, and amk's _What's New_ didn't mention it too
(I'm sending a copy of this post to amk).  In case others didn't know
too, Google's first hit using the obvious query points to:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/302088

which is providing code and hints how to find out more about
threading.local .

Yes, Alex, I am sure a second version of the Nutshell would be much
needed; now and then there are discussions about good Python books, and
I believe recently someone proposed the Nutshell among others, only to
get the reply "but it only covers up to 2.2".
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.