Seeking Python + Subversion hosting.

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Dec 6 08:46:25 EST 2004

tom at livelogix.com (Tom Locke) wrote:
> Anyone know of a good hosting company that offers both server-side
> Python and a subversion repository?

Panix (www.panix.com) has svn and python installed on their unix hosts.
You could certainly do CGI in python.  Don't know if they have
mod_python available or not.

Support and customer care couldn't be better.  These guys started as a
BBS in the founder's apartment 20 years ago, and haven't lost that
personal touch while growing the business into a serious commercial
venture.

I don't know how their pricing works out for serious web hosting.  I pay
$100/year for my unix shell account, mostly to get mail and news, but it
includes some low-limit web hosting which I only play around with once
in a while.  A higher-quota web hosting arrangement with your own domain
name, etc, would certainly cost you more than $100/year.