Why would I use inspect.isclass()?

It's me itsme at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 20:27:11 EST 2004

I discovered the hardway what inspect.isclass() is doing.  Consider this no
brainer code:

###
import inspect

class Abc:
    def Hello(self):
        return

an_instance=Abc()
print inspect.isclass(an_instance)
###

It took me a while to understand how I can get inspect.isclass to return a
True (like: inspect.isclass(Abc)).

But what good is that?  Of course I know Abc is a class, why would I want to
inspect it so that it would tell me what I already know?

I would have thought this would be the situation I need that for:

###
import inspect

class Abc:
    def Hello(self, some_class):
    # since I don't know if the argument passed down *is* a class or not, I
would:
        if inspect.isclass(some_class)==True:
        return
###

But that obviously isn't what isclass is for.  What should I use?

Thanks,