from vb6 to Python

MarcoL mlprog at email.it
Fri Dec 10 16:57:49 EST 2004

Hello,
	I am a VB6 programmer and I would like to learn a new high level
language (instead of restarting from scratch with .NET), wich is
opensource and cross-platform, in order to develop cross-platform
business applications
I think Python is the most suitable language for the scope.
My question are:

- Which version of python is more suitable for creating cross-platform
GUI's? I've herard of PyGTK, wxPython, PyQT, tk, Anygui..

- What is the best IDE/RAD for Python (written in Python and OpenSource)

- Does exist a tool (written in Python and OpenSource) like Crystal
Report for creating business reports?

- Does exist a tool (written in Python and OpenSource) for makeing
tables, view, querys, relation of a database and generate the SQL script?

- Is it possible, from Python, to work with sqlite? And with MsAccess?

Thanks for your patience and your help.

Marco.