from vb6 to Python

Luis M. Gonzalez luismgz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 20:13:44 EST 2004

MarcoL wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I am a VB6 programmer and I would like to learn a new high level
> language (instead of restarting from scratch with .NET...

I'd like to add that by going with Python, you'll also be able to
develop for .NET. Check this out: www.ironpython.com .
Since the development of Ironpython is now being funded by Microsoft,
you'll get the best of both worlds: An already excellent
cross-platform, object oriented language and a fully compliant .NET
language for Windows and Linux (through Mono and DotGnu).

For now, I suggest using PythonCard for building GUI apps. It is *very*
easy to learn and use, especially for someone coming from VB6.