Python parsers for C/C++/Java

shivaram.upadhyayula at wipro.com shivaram.upadhyayula at wipro.com
Mon Dec 6 09:55:02 EST 2004

Hi,

I am looking for a parser generator to parse C, C++ and Java (including popular extensions from various compilers) source code; I have come across PLY, SPARK, D-parser (there seems to be a all-python version itself for this one), etc. and am wondering which one would be the most appropriate one for our use -- which is to do a bit of static code analysis (in python) on the sources.

The support for the various language  dialects cannot be compromised; for instance if it's C, it will have to support all popular variants, like GCC's, Microsoft's, etc.

If there are free pre-built python parsers that handle any of these languages, it would really help to start off.

Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,
Shivram U

(Please CC me as i am not subscribed to the list)

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately