Easy "here documents" ??

Jim Hill jimhill at swcp.com
Mon Dec 20 00:57:00 EST 2004

Keith Dart  wrote:
>Jim Hill wrote:
>> Is there a way to produce a very long multiline string of output with
>> variables' values inserted without having to resort to this wacky
>
>I was thinking about this. But I can't think of any reason why you would
>want to do this in Python. What's wrong with a regular parameterized
>function?

I'm trying to write a script that writes a script for a rather specialized
task.  I know that seems weird, but the original version was written in
Korn shell and most of my team are familiar with the way it does things
even though they don't read Korn.  (The original author has since
decamped for greener pastures.)  Since we're trying to standardize all
our scripts on Python I got the task of rewriting.  Once I have the
simple port done I'll see if I can't figure out A Better Way.

Jim
--
"I regard NASCAR the same way I regard gay porn: I know it exists and I
know some guys like it; I just don't want to see it."  --  Z. B. Goode