Easy "here documents" ??

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Dec 20 01:36:56 EST 2004

Jim Hill wrote:

>>And if you prefer not to type so much:
>>
>>def I(*args): return "".join(map(str, args))
>>def F(v, fmt): return ("%" + fmt) % v
>
> Not that I don't appreciate the suggestions from masters of the Python
> universe, but the reason I'm switching to Python from Perl is for the
> readability.  What you fells are suggesting might as well be riddled
> with dollar signs and semicolons...  <emoticon>.

the I and F functions?  add newlines to them, and replace that ugly-but-
generally-accepted "".join thing with a proper string.join call, split the
second expression into two subexpressions if necessary, and they'll
look a lot better.

or did you mean the call to I?  did you look at it in a syntax-coloring
editor?

</F>