Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Gabriel Cosentino de Barros aut_gbarros at uolinc.com
Mon Dec 20 11:55:40 EST 2004

( sorry about top posting)

1. Ever avoid web based. unless you have to do it webbased. I've been doing
web based apps for 5 years now. it simple don't pay off! usability within a
browser sucks, unless you can spend time re-writting the whell on
javascript. then you have to deal with things like the back button going to
a POST page, user cancel actions... it simple don't pay off unless you
really has to access it from diferent machines. But ok, i think this will
became a flame war if i go on...

2. from my ridiculously short experience with python-client-sided: gtk is
way too clumsy. wxWindows has a weird way of handling events and such. tk is
very simple. Qt i didn't even considered because of license and mainly
because it's less cross plataform then java ;-)
So. i did all my programs in tk. But i subclassed a lot so in the future it
would be easy to just snap in another gui toolkit.