[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4, alpha 2

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:39:48 EDT 2004

[Martin v. Löwis]
> The Windows installer should support upgrading from a previous Python
> 2.4 installation. If you have previously installed 2.4a1, you may try
> this out; please report any problems you find.

I tried that, and it seemed to work well, although it took a while.

One glitch:  I'm pretty sure I selected "install only for me" in the
first screen.  I wanted to go back to check, but it doesn't seem
possible to go back to the first screen.  Anyway, the Python DLL ended
up in a system directory, and that's "the glitch".  I expected/wanted
it to end up in my Python directory.