age of Python programmers

Artemisio calidusdk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 12:28:46 EDT 2004

Sakesun Roykiattisak <sakesun at boonthavorn.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1999.1092969866.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> I'm 28. Have been using python for just one year.  I was first
> introduced to programming when I'm in 11 with 6502 machine (Apple II and
> Oric-I)
> So far I have 2 epiphany in my programming life. The first time is when
> I finished chapther 3 of the Design Patterns book.
> The second time is when I finished my first non-trivial python program.
>
> BTW, The histrogram suggest that python is not being used as the first
> programming language as much as it should be.
>

> > I spotted some errors in your list, added new entries, and made a
> > histogram: http://roelschroeven.net/pythonages/

I am 35. I discovered Python like 2 weeks ago, so I am nor a Python
programmer neither a programmer. But if I compare my very short
Pythonesque user experience to the pointless Basic and VB efforts in
the previous decades, then I know that Python will stay with me for a
long time, so count me in, won't you?