age of Python programmers

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 23 14:18:50 EDT 2004

Sakesun Roykiattisak wrote:

> BTW, The histrogram suggest that python is not being used as the first
> programming language as much as it should be.

Indeed.

Also the relatively high number of older programmers (> 50) surprises
me. Personnaly I know only one programmer in that age group, all others
are less than 40 years old. Possibly the fraction of older programmers
is larger under Python programmers compared to other languages? Maybe
that shouldn't be surprising: wisdom comes with age, as they say.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven