Interface to win32 resources

Paul Watson pwatson at redlinepy.com
Thu Aug 19 11:38:33 EDT 2004

I need to access Win32 PE resources (strings, dialogs, etc.).  Yes, I see
that I can do it using Mark Hammond's win32all.

I am using _winreg which comes with Python to access the registry.  I could
also access the registry through win32all.

Is there or has there been any discussion of a _winres to access resources?

I would rather use a module that comes with Python that to require the user
to install win32all.  This would reduce complexity and possibly resistance
to using a Python application.