Larry Wall & Cults

Mac foo at bar.net
Sun Aug 29 20:02:23 EDT 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 06:58:30 +0000, Brian Inglis wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:59:08 -0700 in alt.folklore.computers, Mac
> <foo at bar.net> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:56:06 -0700, Xah Lee wrote:
>>
>>> Larry Wall and Cults
>>> (Lazyness, Impatience and Hubris)
>>> 200012
>
>>> Surely you have heard of Adolf Hitler
>>> and his atrocities of genocide? I must alert you, that a single person
>>> couldn't commit such a crime.
>>
>>Wow, Godwin's law invoked on the first post of the thread.
>
> Not quite, no comparison was made; see:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=1991Oct22.140831.23313%40eff.org

Hmm. No explicit comparison was made, but since the post is a cautionary
tale (well, the post is a rambling mess, but I think it is trying to be a
cautionary tale) I think the comparison is understood.

But if the comparison must be explicit, as you seem to be saying, then I
have to concede the point.

Best regards,
Mac