Need help importing/installing reportlab module

Active8 reply2group at ndbbm.net
Mon Aug 30 19:34:40 EDT 2004

I did this once and can't remember how <blush> so I read the
reportlab user guid. It says to unzip the reportlab archive - this
is on w2k, BTW, with Python23 - to a directory and make a file
called reportlab.pth in the pythod dir. The only line in this file
is supposed to be the path to the reportlib dir.

Then I'm instructed to open the ... ok I'll close and reopen ... the
python cmd line interpreter and type

import reportlab

so I get

Import Error: no module named reportlab

not too surprizing since I can't find anything named reportlab in
the archive. I did basically the same thing to install PIL and that
worked. I did also download rl_win32_2_3 and move those .pyd files
to the pythod dll dir - I assume a pyd is a python dll - worked for
PIL.

If anyone can help me straighten this out, I'd really apppreciate
it.

TIA
--
Best Regards,