PHP Documentation

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Aug 30 14:02:14 EDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:48:13 -0400,
> Wikis can be useful for maintaining documentation, but so far
> I've seen it succeed only in very limited instances, and in this
> case without top level support (e.g. recognition by the official
> doc maintainers that this is now the master copy) I really doubt
> it will get far.  Feel free, anyone, to prove me wrong.

I can't see the Wiki version ever becoming the master copy; Wiki markup is
much less detailed than the LaTeX macros, e.g. in the Wiki you can only put
things in ``code-style``, but in the LaTeX you have \member{} and
\constant{} and \keyword{} and many other different shades of meaning.

It probably wouldn't be difficult to take the HTML rendering of the docs and
automatically import them into an empty Wiki instance that could then be
updated.  Will anyone volunteer to do this?

--amk