PHP Documentation

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Aug 30 12:48:13 EDT 2004

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:30:39 -0400,
> 	Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>
>>1) Thinking it's a good idea isn't enough if you want it: somebody
>>    has to implement it.  It's been suggested before, so at this
>>    point the next step is for someone who likes the idea enough
>>    to just do it.
>
> Someone started doing it manually -- see
> http://www.python.org/moin/PythonLibraryReference .

I guess it might help to publicize it, such as via your posting. ;-)

Since Lloyd did that on May 11 it appears nobody has modified
any of the PythonLibraryReference pages.

More precisely, nobody has appended any comments per the original
instructions, though it's possible someone modified the text in
violation of those instructions.

Wikis can be useful for maintaining documentation, but so far
I've seen it succeed only in very limited instances, and in this
case without top level support (e.g. recognition by the official
doc maintainers that this is now the master copy) I really doubt
it will get far.  Feel free, anyone, to prove me wrong.

-Peter