On consensus decision-making (was Re: Alternative decorator syntax - POLL RESULTS SO FAR - ARE WEDONE?)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 24 00:43:38 EDT 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:13:15 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyway, I suppose this means that the selection will be from
>>amongst A1, C1, and J2, each with an implementation, each with
>>a sizable number of proponents.  Wish the man well. ;-)
>
> As I've posted a couple of times, the C1 implementation is old, and is
> not complete. There's a lot more work to be done on it to make sure
> that it covers anything. I've still seen no-one put up their hand to
> offer to finish it, which is a shame.

Until very recently, there appeared to be a resounding "NO"
from the BDFL himself to any thought that C1 might ever
be accepted.  It was rejected early and rather explicitly,
if I recall correctly.

Given that, it shouldn't be surprising in the least that no one
has put up their hand to do something which would appear to
be a waste of time.

Has anything really changed?  Would it now be correct to say
that C1 has a serious chance of being accepted if someone would
just update the implementation to the state and quality (?) of
the other two?

-Peter