New to Python/Programming

Mark m.tiesman1 at charter.net
Mon Aug 2 13:32:45 EDT 2004

Hello.  I am new to programming and Python and was wondering if someone
could help get me started.  I picked Python to start learning to prgram
because of some things I have read about it (easy to learn, object
oriented, clear syntax, etc...).  Can anyone assist in getting me
started with learning to program and Python?  Recommended reading
material?  Online tutorials?  Recommended development tools (wxpython,
pythonwin, etc...)?  I am a network admin by trade and have done little
programming except for the occasional script or router config.  this is
something that has always interested me, but don't have the time to take
any formal classes.  Thanks for the help.