Python future performance and speed

Neuruss luismg at gmx.net
Sun Aug 22 10:42:41 EDT 2004

> They already are (Lisp, etc.)

That's a surprise! I didn't know about Lisp, so I did a quick search
in Google and I found this quote from CMUCL website:

"a sophisticated native-code compiler which is capable of powerful
type inferences, and generates code competitive in speed with C
compilers."

Has anyone tried to learn from this experience? Could this technology
be used with Python?

Regarding you Paul, I also found this:

"There's another guy I'd also like to invite, a Lisp expert, if that's
ok with you.  He's been interested in writing a Python compiler for a
while.  I'll ask him if he wants to join, but he might not."

What happened?