Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (was Decorator syntax)

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 11:54:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:23:44 GMT, Paul McGuire
> In http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-March/043835.html, in
> response to Phillip J. Eby's observation that most of the list-after-def
> proponents have the most concrete examples, GvR states, "Maybe the
> practitioners are so eager to have something usable that they aren't swayed
> as much by esthetics."  I'm not sure that any arguments are going to sway
> his view of what's esthetic, it sounds more like a subjective/gut reaction.

I've been trawling the archives collecting information for the PEP, and
was unable to find a post from Guido that laid out in one place his
problems with this syntax, so I asked him to post a piece to python-dev.

Please see:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-August/047112.html

Anthony