Canvas scrolling - scrollBar become "disabled" on change in canvas

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Mon Aug 30 04:04:32 EDT 2004

Askari wrote:
> Hi,
>    I do a "perso"widget where have two scrolls (one vertical, one
> horizontal) for a canvas.
> When, the first time, I added widget in the canvas, the scroll self-ajust
> and when I move scrollbar, the surface's canvas "moved".

Well... It shouldn't... The only way to make the scrollable area larger is by
using theCanvas.configure(scrollregion=(x1, y1, x2, y2)); adding items into the
canvas should have no effect at all on it...

> But when I deleted
> (.destroy) this first widgets and that a added other widget, the scrollBar
> become disabled (ajust for no scroll on the canvas). What/where is the
> problem?

Can you please post some (simple) code that shows this behaviour? Without a
clear idea about what you're doing, it will be quite difficult to help you...