music resources

Elaine Jackson elainejackson7355 at home.com
Mon Aug 16 19:54:10 EDT 2004

Is there such a thing as an executable language for music? If not, why not? And
if yes, where can I find it? Naturally the ideal thing would be if such a
language were implemented within python, but I would be willing to learn a
lesser programming language if I had a reasonable assurance that it had what I'm
looking for. I have, of course, googled for a solution, and I may have even
found it, but if so I didn't recognize it as such. Any pointers will be mucho
appreciado.

Peace