music resources

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Aug 16 19:57:51 EDT 2004

Elaine Jackson wrote:

> Is there such a thing as an executable language for music? If not, why
> not? And
> if yes, where can I find it? Naturally the ideal thing would be if
> such a
> language were implemented within python, but I would be willing to
> learn a
> lesser programming language if I had a reasonable assurance that it
> had what I'm
> looking for. I have, of course, googled for a solution, and I may have
> even
> found it, but if so I didn't recognize it as such. Any pointers will
> be mucho
> appreciado.

I have a module which can allow you to construct notes, chords, and
represent them on a keyboard, but it needs to be cleaned up and doesn't
have any sound output (i.e., you can type in the chord symbol and it
will show you the fingering on a keyboard).  What kind of language were
you actually looking for?

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis