Standard graph API?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Mon Aug 23 16:41:53 EDT 2004

In article <pan.2004.08.23.16.22.34.771887 at jerf.org>, Jeremy Bowers
wrote:
[snip]

As I tried to state in the original post (I probably wasn't clear
enough) I'm not talking about a standard *implementation*, just a
standard *API*, like the DB-API. This could easily cover all kinds of
strange beasts such as directed or undirected, weighted or unweighted
(etc.) graphs; multigraphs, chain graphs, hypergraphs, who knows.

I'm basically just suggesting that it might be useful to have a
"standard" interface for these things. It may be that the simple de
facto standard that David cites is sufficient (although it certainly
doesn't cover hypergraphs -- but that's possibly going a bit too far
anyway.)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland     "Canned Bread: The greatest thing since sliced
http://hetland.org      bread!" [from a can in Spongebob Squarepants]