Py2Exe PROBLEM

Lad export at hope.cz
Fri Aug 20 09:28:05 EDT 2004

> > Dear Peter,
> > Thank you for your help.
> > Yes, I changed import rgs.py to import rgs but I still receive
> >  >>The following modules appear to be missing

> > When I try to start the exe file I get
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "rgs.pyc", line 561, in OnFileHistory
> >
> >   File "pickle.pyc", line 1390, in load
> >   File "pickle.pyc", line 872, in load
> >   File "pickle.pyc", line 985, in load_string
> > LookupError: unknown encoding: string-escape
> >
> > Can you please help again?
> > Lad
>
> You need to add "encodings" to the list of packages that you manually
> include (the option is called packages I think) - see the py2exe wiki
>
> David

Thank you Peter and David for your time to help.
Now the script starts but still it does not run as good as under
Python.
In fact it gets stuck( hangs) and I do not know exactly where.Is there
a method how to find out where it hanged?

In my program I import  the following modules:

from _winreg import *
from wxPython.wx import *
import locale,base64,urllib2,shutil,os.path,timeoutsocket,fnmatch,zipfile,thread,random,mimetools,threading,urllib,string,urlparse,httplib,
re,os,webbrowser,time,strptime,glob,pickle,smtplib,nntplib,ConfigParser,sys

Is there any known problem with any of those moduls running with
Py2exe?
I use
PythonWin 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004)
WxPython 2.4.1.2