age of Python programmers

Oliver Fromme olli at haluter.fromme.com
Thu Aug 19 07:32:46 EDT 2004

Lucas Raab <pythongnome at hotmail.com> wrote:
 > One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of a
 > Python programmer?? What age groups use Python?? Something to think
 > about....

I'm 00100001b (or 021h ... or if you prefer decimal, it's
33 years).  Although I feel more like 27, which is the age
of my GF.  :-)

First learned to program in BASIC on an old Wang computer
(with magnetic ring core memory, no "modern" RAM chips) and
on a Commodore PET2001.  I was 12 back then, I think.  Then
went through various other languages (including assembly on
65xx, 68xxx and x86), and I think that all of them suck,
especially Perl and Java.

As a matter of fact, I also think that Python sucks, but it
sucks a lot less than all the others.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Konrad-Celtis-Str. 72, 81369 Munich, Germany

``All that we see or seem is just a dream within a dream.''
(E. A. Poe)