age of Python programmers

Ganesan R rganesan at myrealbox.com
Thu Aug 19 07:41:33 EDT 2004

> Robin Becker wrote:
>> Lucas Raab wrote:
>>
>>> One thing I've always kind of wondered is what is the average age of a
>>> Python programmer?? What age groups use Python?? Something to think
>>> about....
>>>
>> so far with a count of 74 the average is 35.72

> Up that a nudge with me: 39

Down a nudge with me :-). I am 32. Started with Basic on Spectrum 48K and a
IBM PC Clone. Some Z80 assembly programming on the Spectrum. Then Fortran,
Pascal and even (gasp!) COBOL. Moved on to C, C++ and Shell scripting. Found
Perl along the way, was delighted with it. Did a bit of programming in
Java. Dabbled occasionally in Tcl and recently C#. Found Python a couple of
years back. Nowadays Python has mostly replaced Perl for my scripting needs,
though I still fallback to plain old shell scripting occasionally.

Ganesan