Why I love python.

Mark Bottjer mark_bottjer at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 20:22:01 EDT 2004

Michael Scarlett wrote:
> I don't know about the rest of you, but I learned python and fell in
> love with its syntax and simplicity.

That's the funny thing about Python. It really isn't simple, but it sure
seems like it is. There's tons of little niggling rules about scoping,
inheritance, and what have you--but you can be blissfully ignorant of
most of them and still get work done. That's pretty unique.

I think that's why people are so concerned about @pie: it has the
*potential* to be an obstacle early in the learning process, instead of
after someone is already hooked.

> Am i the only one with a visceral reaction to this thing???

Goodness, no! Why do you think we've all been pissing and moaning so much?

   -- Mark