Call for Grant Proposals

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Mon Aug 2 22:06:16 EDT 2004

Hi,

At the same time, there are other questions besides an issue with open
source or close source development.

These 4 questions in my original email are probably more important to
me, personally...

2. Will there be any form of intellectual property claims, including,
copyrights, trade marks, patents, on any form of work generated from the
PSF Grant by the Python Software Foundation (PSF) or any of its
associates? If so, what are the precise nature of it? This is important
as it may injure the research work and subsequently, the resultant
thesis and publications directing towards the award of my degree.

3. On the website (http://www.python.org/psf/call-2004.html), it is
stated that the project of which the grant is granted for must be
completed by October 30, 2005. In event of failure to meet, what will be
the penalities?

4. From Question 3, what constitutes partial failure or complete failure
of the project?

5. From Question 4, it is stated on the website
(http://www.python.org/psf/call-2004.html) that a delivery plan is
essential in the proposal. How will delay in delivery affect the payment
plan and the grant on the whole?

The answers to these questions are something that the grant committee
can answer now as it involves internal policy. As for Question 2, I
cannot be in a project that will take up my time and cannot be directed
towards the award of my degree.

The next 3 questions deal closely with my lab's financial budgetting and
without any answers to these questions, I can be in dire straits when
things doesn't go as planned.

Maurice

--
Maurice Han Tong LING, BSc(Hons)(Biochem), AdvDipComp, SN
Doctor of Philosophy (Science) Candidate, The University of Melbourne
email: mauriceling at acm.org
resume: http://maurice.vodien.com/maurice_resume.pdf
www: http://www.geocities.com/beldin79/

The information contained in this message, including its attachment(s),
is CONFIDENTIAL and solely intended to its addressee(s) only. The
content of this message, including its attachment(s),  may be subjected
to copyright and privacy laws. If you have received this email in error,
please let me know by returning this email, and then destroy all copies.

"I cannot discover anyone knows enough to say definitely what is
and what is not possible" -Henry Ford
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies
in a person's determination" -Tommy Charles Lasorda