How do you feel ?

AdSR artur_spruce at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 11:59:37 EDT 2004

artur_spruce at yahoo.com (AdSR) wrote in message news:<b840abf4.0408070158.643fbcd2 at posting.google.com>...
> <snip>
> I tried Common Lisp, but
> online tutorials are very basic, and online reference is hard to
> navigate; I still don't know what "#" and "," mean.
> <snip>

A short update after a few nice people sent me some helpful info:
Common Lisp is an impressively powerful language, but I still prefer
Python's straightforwardness and its more practical (think re, xml,
Tkinter modules) standard library. It fits my brain and my job better.

An interesting comparison, if you want to check it for yourself, is
one between the unittest module and what is described on this page:

http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-building-a-unit-test-framework.html

Both approaches are based on commonly used features and coding style
of their respective languages. I think this is good example of how
language vs. language comparisons should be done.

AdSR