authentication service for unix

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Wed Aug 25 15:46:55 EDT 2004

Hi,

this is not so much a python question, but as my app is developed in python,
I'll ask anway.

I'm looking for a method to authenticate users for a corba application
server, running under linux. I want to be able to authenticate users that
are valid unix users. Having role/group information would be nice later on.

Currently I use PAM, but thats not so good as I have to run the process as
root - but for obvious reasons I don't especially like that idea.

Any ideas? May ladp of any use here? Saslauthd seems to look good, but so
far I haven't found a binding.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch