Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (was Decorator syntax)

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 01:44:26 EDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:10:58 +1000, Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)
<tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote:
> I see this less as a vote, and more an attempt to reach a community
> consensus - or at least a large enough one to lend weight to the many
> arguments that have already been presented.
>
> I will live with pie-syntax, but I won't be overly happy with it. I
> would much prefer that list-after-def be accepted.

Note that Guido has ruled this form out, in a pretty strong way ("I really
hate this"[1][2]) so if you want to change his mind, you'll need to come up with
arguments as to why he's wrong.

I'm not saying that this isn't possible, more that merely collecting a concensus
vote isn't likely to do much. Strong technical arguments are much more likely
to work.

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-March/043756.html
[2] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-August/046672.html
... and a bunch of other posts in the archives.