Confused about pep 318

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh at cafepy.com
Fri Aug 6 18:41:06 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> I'm also surprised that the choice which had the greatest public
> support during the straw poll at PyCon isn't still under discussion,

I doubt any of the following would have made it in Python had it
followed the course of 'greatest public support':

1. Whitespace based blocks
2. Docstrings

Looking back, I remember when I started out with Python I had a "Eeww,
what's this!?" reaction to both of the above, very similar to what I
initially felt for @-decorator. After using it in my code I find it's
actually not bad at all. I'd prefer to use the '|' character for
aesthetics but am happy with @ as well.

Cheers,
Shalabh