decorator syntax polling suggestion

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Aug 13 02:41:29 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> On the other, if there are people who are dissatisfied with
> @pie, they can vote, use the results to help them focus
> their energies on the most likely alternate candidate(s),
> and finally present a united front saying "uh, @pie
> sucks, and we have a wide consensus that syntax XXXX
> would be much better for these reasons..."
>
> Wouldn't that make sense?

Yes, that would probably make the poll results more closely match up
with reality.  The problem is, that isn't the purpose of the poll as
stated.  On the contrary, they are used the certainly biased results of
the poll to show that the @decorator syntax is unwanted, which is highly
suspect.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis