using pexpect to control python

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Tue Aug 24 18:45:29 EDT 2004

I suppose I'm actually still toying with the possibilities of what
pexpect can do with python and the question comes up.

Another thing which I'm thinking previously is how can I embed a python
interpreter (not compiler) that does line by line interpretation and
execution, in a python program? I realized that python's language
services has a compile package that can be invoked to compile python
source into python bytecodes but that's provided that the codes are in a
file. Perhaps what I'm interested may be how to embed and use the
interactive mode of python interpreter in a python program?

Thanks
Maurice