decorators vs GIL

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Aug 8 05:51:11 EDT 2004

On 8-aug-04, at 10:16, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:00:25 -0400, Istvan Albert
> <ialbert at mailblocks.com> wrote:
>> Just because someone sits down and codes it does not mean it
>> should be added to the language. Features are forever, you
>> cannot just can't eliminate them in the next version.
>
> The discussion on decorators has been going on for over 2 years
> on python-dev. There is a broad concensus that they're a useful
> feature, and are not _just_ being added for PyObjC.

I sure hope not :-) [*]. I just happened to dumb enough to volunteer a
use-case for decorators in the last round of discussions, and somehow
this got misunderstood :-(

I do believe decorators are generally useful, as shown by various
examples shown on python-dev. The also happen to make live easier for
users of PyObjC.

Ronald

[*] I'm one of the primairy developers for PyObjC, don't interpreted
this a "-1" for decorators.