"Content-Length" header

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 31 14:36:52 EDT 2004

Peter Kleiweg wrote:
> Jeremy Bowers schreef:
>>Both cases: 52 ^ 8: 53,459,728,531,456 (53 trillion)
 >
> A bit less: 53 billion
>
>>One case  : 26 ^ 8: 208,827,064,576 (208 billion)
>
> 208 billiard

North American English says twelve zeroes is a trillion,
and nine zeroes is a billion, and the word "billiard"
refers to a game involving the use of a stick to hit a
white ball into other balls on a table covered with
green felt...

(And I'm not sure "billiard" refers to numbers in any other
form of English either, but certainly "milliard" exists
in Britain and means a thousand million (nine zeroes).)

-Peter