favorite python web development tool?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Aug 17 19:29:36 EDT 2004

>> i'm fairly new to python, coming from a java servlet / velocity
>> template background.  i'm looking for a good python web development
>> tool, and hope to find some suggestions here.
>

> I've found mod_python + ZopePageTemplates (standalone) to be superb
> solution to web application development. ZPT feels like a very natural
> and maintainable way to separate business logic from presentation. Since
> I've started using these two technologies, I've found my productivity
> greatly increased.

I like using mod_python and XML-RPC. Develop the logic as a backend and
then use a frontend to talk to that backend and to do whatever
input/output processing needs to be done to make it all into a web app.
I like that the frontend can actually be written in other languages as
the situation requires and that in fact it doesn't even need to be a web
app at all. I've written MPXMLRPC backends with PHP web-based frontends
and wxPython frontends both. Pretty sweet.

--
Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org