upper memory limit

Peter Wilkinson pwilkinson at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 9 10:39:53 EDT 2004

Why do you say that  single process is limited to 2 Gig?  I believe that on
windows a single process can run with to 32 bits addressed or 4 Gig of
space. I have run R with over 2 Gig of memory.

Why would python be limited to 2 Gig (including overhead)? I don't see that
python should be any different.

Peter