Confused about pep 318

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Aug 5 15:18:37 EDT 2004

"Christopher T King" <squirrel at WPI.EDU> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0408051249050.10473-100000 at ccc6.wpi.edu...
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Anthony Baxter wrote:
>
> > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2004-June/thread.html#45516
> > was over a month earlier.
>
> That thread reaches no consensus,

To me this is evasion.

>Steven Bethard wrote:
>> Wow, this one really feels like it was slipped in while no one was
looking.

You wrote:
>That's because it was.  ...
>There had previously been no public discussions about it.

You (agreeing with Steven) made a false accusation of something like
dastardliness.  Just admit your mistake and move on.

I happen to sympathize with some of you concerns and suggestions, but not
with needless bashing of volunteers.

>other than, in his sole post in the thread, Guido stating
>"I would love to see an implementation of this idea."

Hence, I was not surprised to see it in an alpha as an experimental feature
which might or might not stay.

Terry J. Reedy