Popular Python projects with lots of pure Python code

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Aug 9 18:01:29 EDT 2004

For my thesis (once the bloody thing stops throwing bugs at me) I am
going to need to collect stats on the frequency that atomic types in
local variables are applied to various opcodes and methods.  That means
that I need something to collect stats off of.

So I am trying to come up with a list of projects I can use to get my
stats from.  the stdlib is a no-brainer.  Also plan to use Docutils.
But beyond those most of the big Python projects I can think of have a
ton of C code which is of no use to me.  I don't need to be able to run
it, just going to be compiling to .py files.

Any suggestions?

-Brett