Pyhton Interpreter Startup time

3c273 nospam at nospam.com
Thu Aug 12 18:01:16 EDT 2004

"Aahz" <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote in message
news:cfgc7t$8fb$1 at panix1.panix.com...
> In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0408121103110.4649-100000 at ccc8.wpi.edu>,
> Christopher T King  <squirrel at WPI.EDU> wrote:
*snip*

> >You can then run the compiled version using 'python my_script.pyc'
> >('python my_script.py' will ignore the compiled version).
>
> That's a Bad Idea.
*snip*

Hello,
I'm pretty new to Python and programming in general but I have done this
before. Why is this a bad idea?
Also (maybe not the right place to ask, but...), I was thinking of driving
up to BayPiggies because I am interested in tonights discussion but it's a
long drive and I'm afraid it would be way over my head. Do you get a lot of
newbie participants? Thanks for your input.
Louis