How do I get IDLE on Suse Linux 9.x?

michael michael at michael.com
Tue Aug 10 06:44:12 EDT 2004

Hi.

I am reasonably experienced with Python (and love it!) on Windows. I am a
programmer that toils in c++ on Win 32 mostly but just to learn more, I am
playing with Suse 9. Linux.

Of course the first thing I tried to fire up was Python. From the command
line, I can access Python 2.3 with no problem.

I tried to run / search for IDLE which I thought was a standard install on
any python installation but it is not present.

My question is this: Should I just use a text editor and go without IDLE? Is
there another IDE standard on Linux? Do I need to download something to get
IDLE?

Sorry to ask such a basic question.

Michael