age of Python programmers

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Aug 20 10:32:20 EDT 2004

when I first saw the title, I thought it was along the same theme as the
"age of dinosaurs" or some such thing.  but my answer is just 48, two
years, more languages and I care to think about including mess of
assembly languages, tpl (a weird form of ratfor), and pl/1 subset g.

Python made it possible for me to write code again.  After 18 years of
programming, RSI went critical and I stopped programming pretty much for
about 10 years.  Python syntax is simple enough that I can, with proper
variable naming patterns, write code.  The 5000+ lines of code and
comment in the camram project are proof of that.

I do wish there was better handicap accessibility for programming as
there are a bunch of us damaged programmers about to undertake a rather
significant project, namely making speech recognition work on Linux.
The details a boring if you're not interested so I will spare you but
this project is essential for those of us wishing for a choice in our
development environments.

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct most