Is there something else but Automake?

Magnus Therning therning at gforge.natlab.research.philips.com
Tue Aug 10 07:08:10 EDT 2004

I am currently using Automake to make distributable tar-balls of my
application. Is there something else (hopefully better) that I can use?

I use the following functionality of Automake:

 - Modification of sources at build time for things like paths and
   version numbers.
 - Building an archive suitable for distributing both to people who are
   interested in contributing and to people who are just using it.
 - Installation of the application.

/M

Magnus Therning                 Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Phone: +31 40 2745179           (OpenPGP: 0x4FBB2C40)

The only way to be truly creative is to never repeat yourself.
     -- Rob Breszny