What is good about Prothon?

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Tue Apr 27 12:35:01 EDT 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:
> This works great in Python, but in Prothon there is no such thing
> as a class to tell the difference in the binding. The concept of a
> prototype is in the programmer's mind, not the interpreter's,
> since every object can be a prototype.

I thought you'd already solved the problem anyway?

Given an object named 'obj' and a function attribute in that object named
'func':

obj.func  # bound method
obj('func')  # unbound function
obj$func  # function bound to $ (self), e.g. for super calls

-Mike